While COVID-19 is still evolving and impacting the way individuals and businesses are functioning, many are still enjoying the summertime fun. Here are some quick tips for summer safety.
- Practice physical distancing sports, such as tennis and golf. This allows you to attend social outings while also maintaining safe practices to reduce the spread of COVID-19.
- Maintain six-foot distance. Whether you’re barbequing with friends and family or going to a movie, it’s important to maintain a six-foot distance from others, especially when face masks are not being used.
- Wear sunscreen. It might sound obvious, but sunscreen can help you reduce the chances of skin ailments caused by long or intense sun exposure.
- Check vehicles for passengers and pets. Oftentimes summer sees a spike in children or pets being rescued from locked cars. If there’s a change in your daily routine, such as having to pick up a child or pet early or later than usual, be sure to double-check your car so nobody is left behind.
- Practice safe grilling. Barbeques or just a nice family dinner grilled out can be great social events. Just be sure to follow grilling safety guidelines, such as adequate distance from grill to reduce risk of burn, supervising children, and removing hazards (i.e., flammable objects or liquids) from grill proximity.
- Follow safety tips. From pool and beach safety to public health and government agency guidelines, safety tips are to protect individuals’ well-being. With COVID-19, the last thing you want to do is create more risks by ignoring safety guidelines.
If you’re looking to add a commuter safety program, update your employee handbook, or maybe look into added employee benefits for your employees to enjoy, please contact Human Capital. Our benefits specialists understand the unique demands of employees and how invaluable benefits are for them. We would be more than happy to discuss how we can provide the tools, resources, and support your employees need.